I Can Call You Nooknik, And Nooknik When You Call Me, You Can Call Me Joop

Following Elena's lead, I asked my three classes to write down their English nicknames on the class roster for me, so that I wouldn't have to butcher the Jiranans and the Rattapoons and the Supawadees anymore.

Here are some, uh, highlights from those three classes:

English 203, Class 1
Dew
Carrot
Snoopy
Arm
Pit ("Arm" and "Pit" are conveniently right under each other on the roster, too)
Four
Dookdik
Alpha
Bomb
Chain
Dome
Boat
Q

English 203, Class 2
Cake
Nooknik
Golf
Noon
Joop
Gift
New
Gift (there are two "Gifts" in this class: very confusing)
PooKao (not sure how this one is English)
Guide
Top
Note

English 101
Bush
Apple
Mind
Gumpoong
Dream
Eve
Soft
Boom
Joe Cole
Best
Mine
Mind (also confusing)
Cartoon
Golf
Bo
Joey Boy


Remember in Spanish class when everyone got to pick a Spanish name, and some jokester would inevitably choose "Nacho" or "Taco"? This is like that, except they are very earnest, and all of them chose Taco.

I seriously don't know how I'm going to call on Snoopy without losing it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment