Huge Find at the Sticker Shop

I've heard that one constant of Southeast Asian school-children is that they all go grape nuts for stickers, and that especially the younger ones will shut up, sit down, and really concentrate if you promise them stickers for good behavior.

At first I thought, "O that's quite quaint" and sniffed it off. But that was until I found myself going similarly cereal-crazy at the sticker shop this weekend:





(Sorry about the glare. I mean, obviously I'm not that sorry, or else I would have taken another picture. This is more of an "oh well" sorry than a "I really feel for you in your time of need" sorry, I guess).

A few great things about this sticker set:

1. It is spelled "Serpiko" instead of "Serpiko," which makes him sound like a German special ops rather than a hardened NYC cop.
2. The heavy association of Serpiko with American patriotism
3. This fits perfectly on my skateBOARD (Thai for "Skateboard," remember)
4. Which reminds me, "Serpiko" can only be possibly be pronounced "SerpiKO!" in Thai.

I didn't get to choose the design on my "deck" this time (Ha, listen to me, "choose the design on my deck"--I'm a regular Anthony Hawk, this one!) and so I have a big lame map of LonDON ("London" in Thai) with a huge red X in the middle.

Well, not anymore, Britain (more like Shittin). There's a new sheriff in town, and he doesn't wear a stupid furry hat and he doesn't play by the Queen's rules. He's SERPIKO:



And now I am Serpiko too:



Frank Serpico: What's this for? For bein' an honest cop? Hmm? Or for being stupid enough to get shot in the face? You tell them that they can shove it.

Let's go clean up the streets.

By grinding some rails!

(Can't believe that's not a movie yet...Skateboard Cop. Serpico meets Surf Ninjas. God, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been thinking about the movie Surf Ninjas a LOT lately. Remember that one? Lord, I wanted to be a surf ninja. Little did I know that I would one day end up being a Skateboard Farang, which is a corollary-opposite in some ways.

Skateboard farang
Patrolling the cit-tay
Skateboard farang
Ain't it a pity
That you're not him

Skateboard farang
Cruisin' down the freeway
Skateboard farang
Don't have no leeway
It's sink or swim

It doesn't scan to anything, don't bother.

I've got a CBS sitcom coming out! Huge find at the Sticker ShoP!

0 comments:

Post a Comment