Farewell Gift (ping kham)

Okay, I need to recap the last few days because a lot of great stuff happened. And if I hadn't gotten to see my parents, this would have been the best:

On the day of the final, when all of my students were waiting outside the room while I prepared the desks and papers and whatnot, Ping poked her head in the door and called me outside. Ping, Gift, and Kham (and Fang, that hanger-on), had a farewell present for me. Aaaaand if I had just a little more sentiment in me, I would have cried, even if it was grade-baiting.

Here is what they gave me:




First, a beauty sash. Guess which prize I won?



Take that, Ajarn Rob.

The sash had a back, too.




Teacher = me. Me! They love me!


I was also officially crowned the King of English 203, Section 014. Take that, Kwang.



But the real centerpiece was a little poster they made me, which they also signed, yearbook-style, with wishes for the future.

Here it is, with close-ups of everything, including their innocent pleas for A's.



Me (center), with Pig, Monkey, and...uh...Shrimp, I guess.


I really like my shirt, by the way, and I wish I owned one like it. I'll have to ask Matt Schmitz about it.


From Kham (thx)


The adorable meter is already pushing 9.



From Gift.

Notice "Obesity like Ping/Some illness like Kham" in the bottom left. I wasn't lying.

And, finally:



From Pig 







I'm not gonna cry...not gonna cry...not gonna cry...


1 comments:

Daria said...

aww jason that's sooo sweet! congratulations!

Post a Comment