Joke About Ja-shake-a

Said Hamlet to Ophelia,
I'll draw a sketch of thee.
What kind of pencil shall I use,
2B or not 2B?

- Spike Milligan

So, I had an image of my death today. I was sitting on the toilet in my apartment, like I always do when I'm in my apartment, and I found myself in a position that can only be a "ready for death" position.

Imagine David's Death of Marat, with the Frenchman in the bathtub, with a bare arm draped over the bathtub and his head leaning against his shoulder.

Now imagine me, on the toilet, with my shirt off for no reason, leaning forward with exhaustion, with my arm draped over the porcelain toilet paper roll holder, and my head resting on my bicep.

The Death of Jay-Sahn, killed by holy basil and chili peppers.

In other news, I absolutely cannot stop listening to The Drums' Summertime EP. I really have almost no hopes at all for any other releases by this band, because the lyric-writing isn't that good, and I can imagine that they've used up all of their good musical hooks on this one...but my God, I'm totally obsessed with this short player. Highly recommended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment