How Many Princeton University Facilities Does It Take to Screw In A Lightbulb?

Today, I got a message in my inactive ".princeton.edu" email account from Princeton University Facilities, giving me an update on a job order I had requested. Call me high-maintenance, but I am not 100% satisfied with the length of time it took them to change one lightbulb.

-----------------

This email is to confirm that your ticket has been marked as complete. The details of the request were:

Reported Date: Sat Sep 27 14:50:51 EDT 2008

Location: Patton Hall
Description: Light bulb out on 4th floor laundry room, entryway 4/5.

If this request has not been completed to your satisfaction, please reply to this message (leaving the subject line intact) or call the Facilities Service Center at 609-258-8000.

Thank you,
Princeton University Facilities

-------------------

No, thank you Princeton University Facilities. Now I can FINALLY do my laundry after the sun goes down without having to blindly grope around a washing machine/dryer in a pitch-black windowless room for half an hour! Actually, I don't have to do that now, nor have I had to do that in about a year. Even the laundry rooms in Thailand have lightbulbs now. Or, wherever I soap-rinsed in my portable basin, I would make sure it was light.

Either way, I graduated like 15 months ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment